Chronic Kidney Disease Management
Working in partnership with Board Certified Nephrologists, our clinical team led by Dr. Ankur Shah of Brown Medicine Division of Kidney Disease and Hypertension, provides specialized care and on-site hemodialysis service to patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and related health problems.
For seniors with advanced renal disease, the frequency of trips back and forth to a community dialysis center can be exhausting. Fortunately, at Lincolnwood Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, the convenience is just a few steps away.
Our state-of-the-art in-house Dialysis center features a 6 Chair Hemodialysis Unit In Partnership With DaVita.
Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment Program aims to:
- Reduce Symptoms for people with CKD
- Decrease Disability
- Increase Quality of Life
- Promote Independence & Physical Activity
- Patients & family members benefit from:
- Onsite Hemodialysis
- Consultative Visits by On Staff Nephrologists
- Health Coaching
- Dietary Education
- Management & Education for people with Diabetes
- Routine Medical Management of Associated Co-Morbidities
- On-Site Community CKD Monthly Support Group Facilitated by Community CKD Experts
- Case Management Services
Preserving kidney function and preventing further kidney damage are the primary objectives of our Chronic Kidney Disease Management Program. When caught early it is possible to slow, stop or even reverse CKD depending on the cause.
Through treatment and education, our clinical team of professionals assists patients in a better understanding of their conditions, enabling them to enjoy a greater level of independence and improved quality of life.